Re: Transport level multihoming

> But it's still another single point of failure.  In my experience, such a
> service unless delivered in a router style high reliability platform is going
> to be a high risk point of failure.  Also the suggestion that it be another box
> separate from the router means that it adds significant cost to the provider's
> infrastructure.  It will be a specialized piece of equipment and likely to be
> expensive.
>
> Routers are good - they have high utility/cost, manage redundacy well, are
> general purpose and you normally have more than one of them.

I was suggesting that border routers implement this
functionality as part of the multihoming modification. If I am not
mistaken, most access routers, cable and dsl boxes already provide this
(and more complex stateful translation) functionality for IPv4, although
for different reasons ...

thanks,
ramki