RE: Transport level multihoming

Peter Tattam wrote:

> Until I get it published via the I-D editor, here's a URL to it.
>
> http://jazz-1.trumpet.com.au/ipv6-draft/preserve-tcp.txt

Maybe I missed something, I have no problem with the address exchange, but how is a host supposed to know which of its addresses the correspondent will be able to reply to? If the prefix required for the SYN/ACK drops after connection establishment, won't the host need to be snooping the routing system to know which of its addresses to use as the source of the next packet? If both hosts are snooping, wouldn't they be in a position to try and bias the end-to-end path by switching the destination address to one on the list provided in the SYN/ACK?

Tony