Re: Transport level multihoming

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Greg Maxwell wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Peter Tattam wrote:
>
> > Not necessarily.  You just need enough address information to hook into the
> > peer.  With my idea, any additional addresses can be exchanged at SYN/ACK
> > time.
>
> If you only know one path to reach the other system, what happens if that
> path goes down before you tack up a connection?

It would be foolhardy to expect that such a scenario work well.  I would
suggest "sufficient" information for a connection to be visible at the time of
the exchange.  The lists need not be identical, but in practice may be.

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            peter@trumpet.com
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd