Re: 64-bit identifiers

> Of course, for the really paranoid, they don't like long-lived unique
> identifiers of any kind, because they allow correlation of activity, which
> may allow identification through out-of-channel means. So for them, there's
> *no* identifier scheme that will keep them happy. Kind of hard to work around
> that requirement....

If a node can have multiple such indentifiers, new identifiers can be
created autonomously by the node, and it isn't too expensive
to create new ones, then it wouldn't be infeasible for the truly paranoid
to use a different identifier every hour or for every connection.

Thus I think the ability to autonomously create new identifiers is a
requirement.

  Erik