Re: Multihoming by IP Layer Address Rewriting (MILAR)

At 20:57 03/09/01, Ramakrishna Gummadi wrote:
>>         So we don't have a security architecture or a security technology
>> problem [1] today in this regard.
>
>But my concern is that without a scalable key distribution and revocation
>mechanism, wouldn't we be converting the problem of scalable routing into
>scalable security?

        IKE works fine for now and can provide scalable key distribution.
Key revocation is a concept that applies to certificates, not really
to session keys used with ESP/AH.  In short, we have technology today
that suffices.  IKE could be better, but what we have is sufficient
for now (until replaced with something else).

        Again, we do NOT have a security architecture or
a security technology problem today that prevents address
re-writing from being considered here.

Ran
rja@inet.org