RE: Multihoming by IP Layer Address Rewriting (MILAR)

At 16:00 04/09/01, Ramakrishna Gummadi wrote:
>I don't think that we should create a dependency between routing (even if
>it is for multihoming) and DNS that can be hurt by these kinds of
>misconfigurations, even if we assume that every internet device is
>required (which I think is impossible to do for various reasons,
>including non-technical) to be hosted in DNS.

        We've already got that dependency.

        Folks depend on www.cnn.com resolving to the right
load-balancer's IP address so that routing goes to the right place.
If DNS is really so broken that it is a crisis right now, then
we should defer multi6 work to fix that first, IMHO.

Ran