Re: A new spin on multihoming: multihoming classes.

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Randy Bush wrote:

> > If we want an 8k routing table
>
> maybe i need to be more explicit.  it is not clear to me that this is a
> useful criterion.

I think a more useful criterion is that we want a networks routing table
to grow O(n) with the number of peers and customers that they have (i.e.
ports) rather then O(x^2) or O(x log x) in the case of a meshed Internet
which is not highly aggregated, where x is the number of user networks on
the Internet not just the ones connected to you.