Re: A new spin on multihoming: multihoming classes.

I have no desire to change existing BGP system - it will be needed to keep the
aggregated direct routing framework in place.  The key point I was trying to
make was decoupling of an alternative BGP cache from the routing
infrastructure.

From my reading of

  http://www.telstra.net/gih/papers/ietf50-bgp.pdf

it becomes clear that multihoming is already a major degradation issue for the
Ipv4 network based on current BGP models.  I especially note the growth in the
longer prefixes (/24).

--
Peter R. Tattam                            peter@trumpet.com
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd