Re: (ngtrans) Update to Provider Independent addressing format drafts

> >  Large corporations that have (with or without a valid
> > reason) a tendency to geographically relocate would have to re-number.
>
> if you're doing a massive relocation in physical space, the renumbering
> of your IP network doesn't seem like a huge additional burden.

The physical relocation might me relatively minor.
For instance, large corporations might choose to define one place
(e.g. one building on one of many campuses) as the coordinates as the
single place that defines the IP address prefix for the whole company
yet that building might house much less than 1% of the company's IP devices
and people.

This means that giving up the lease on that single building will cause all
IP devices to renumber yet the costs due to the physical relocation are
small.

  Erik