Re: (multi6) Ease of re-numbering

> Is there no way we can come up with a way where hosts can keep their IPv4
> address and happily run IPv4, where the other 96 bits are "automagically"
> added and removed by a border router? That way, I can forever go on using
> 213.156.3.172, even if I have to renumber daily from
> 3ffe:1234:x::213.156.3.172 to 3ffe:1234:y::213.156.3.172 and so on.
>
> It should be easy enough to do this for the local address, the only
> problem is where to find the 96 missing bits of the remote address.

My impression was that a system could request whatever it wanted to
as the end 64bits of its address and that it 'usually' chose its
MAC.  If that's the case, your system could chose 32-bits of zeros
and then the 32bit combination that corresponds to your IP...  Then,
the normal renumbering rules would apply?

Eric :)