RE: additional requirements: capneg and policy discovery

> - - capabilities negotiation - Multihoming solutions must provide a
> means for peers to communicate capabilities to each other, in order
> to support new capabilities that may or may not be included in all
> implementations.

I think this is putting the car before the horse. Let's say there are
multiple multihoming solutions in service. Within each solution, the
capability negotiation (or the lack of one) should be left to the choice
of that solution.

In case more than one solution is available simultaneously, the
capabilities negotiation is a good idea because it would eventually
allow choosing the "best" one, but requires some understanding of each
solution pros and cons, and we are far from that point.

I think this could be changed to having a version number within each
packet. The behavior when two different versions are present should be
defined for each solution, when the next version is available.

> - - policy - Multihoming solutions should provide a means for peers
> to discover the routing policies applied to their routes by peer
networks.

I missed the email thread on that one; can we have it again? I am not
sure everyone would agree to do that.