RE: additional requirement: cooperation

>> How about we leave the "except" off and revisit it if it seems really
>> necessary later on?  I worry that any protocol that requires
>> coordination between competitors is doomed to failure.  :(

Well, BGP does require some coordination between competitors and it
would be foolish to require that an IPv6 solution could do without. The
purpose of that "except" is to restrict the amount of cooperation
required between competitors to where it is really necessary, which is
when these competitors are directly connected to one another.

Michel.