RE: requirements draft comments.

Randy Bush wrote:
> this presumes that the architecture does not impose or
> negotiate outbound
> policy at the border between a site and the more global
> network, and i don't
> smell that this wg has made that decision yet.
If the group wants to invent policy negotiation protocols, they will be
explicitly breaking the requirement in 3.1.5 to make sure the solution
is no more complex than today. Even if the protocol were simple, the ops
staff would not be up to the task of interpreting the dynamic results.

> and, in order for the site to make outbound decisions, the site or its
> components which make such decisions need the routing
> information on which
> to base such decisions, even using christian's ping as a
> routing protocol.
Using the example I sent before; SiteB has a policy based on cost that
if the interface to ISPd is up, default all outbound traffic there. What
routing information does SiteB need beyond the first hop?

Tony