RE: (multi6) requirements draft comments

Sean Doran wrote:
> That is, in the presence of topology-change-driven renumbering,
> the current routing mechanisms are "good enough".   Since we
> do not have such renumbering in IPv4 or in IPv6 yet, we have
> the PTOMAINE working-group.

Deploying the router and host mechansims which would implement topology
based renumbering is hard enough, but replacing all the applications
with ones that ignore those changes is a fantasy which would have to
happen before the infrastructure based renumbering could even begin.
Fold in the fact that even if you got those to things done, the topology
shift renumbering would create a DNS update spike that would take out
all name services, and one wonders why the approach is still getting any
attention.

Tony