RE: Reqt. 3.1.1 [was Re: (multi6) requirements draft comments]

Andrew Partan wrote:
> Warning - anything that would require me as an ISP to announce an
> aggregate which contains people that are not my customers will not
> fly.  I.e.: I want to be paid by at least one end of every end-to-end
> connection...

As does everyone else. If this is going to fly, the ISP customer will
likely become the exchange point, which in turn gets funded by the end
customer. Organizations that insist on direct-customer-touch will have
to weigh that against the cost of occasional undesired traffic.

> We should insist that the solution MUST accommodate the failure of
> any single point.

Absolutely, if we don't we will be taking a step backward.

Tony