Re: PI/metro/geo [Re: The state of IPv6 multihoming development]

Tony;

> Exactly.  What we want to build is a routing architecture that is
> never going to have to be replaced. It's too difficult to reach in and
> change it, so you'd like it to be done right the first time.  Since
> scalability is key

Exactly.

However, routing architecture intelligent enough to support
multihoming does not scale.

The basic problem is that intelligent network does not scale.

The basic principle against the problem is end to end.

> and the way to scale is to keep the overhead low,
> a solution that has higher overhead is sub-optimal and to be avoided.

Low overhead is nothing more than a constant factor of improvement
and is useless for real large network.

							Masataka Ohta