Re: draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-requirements-04.txt

Ran,

RJ Atkinson wrote:

> On Friday, Oct 25, 2002, at 08:35 America/Montreal, Iljitsch van
> Beijnum wrote:
> > 2 Normativity removed (Brian E Carpenter)
>
> I actually object to this change.  It is *desirable* that approaches
> which substantially don't meet the requirements get disallowed.
> That is in fact the main reason for doing requirements in the first
> place.

In some kind of free space, I'd agree with you. But given that this
WG has been manifestly hung up on this point since Salt Lake City,
I think we need to move on, and this is the only way I can see to
do so. The perceived requirements overconstrain the solution space,
and the only exit from that box is pragmatism.

   Brian