Re: PI/metro/geo [Re: The state of IPv6 multihoming development]

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, RJ Atkinson wrote:

> >  It is also desireable for backup
> > purposes but I feel this isn't an important enough reason to allow it.

> Backup is a big driver for current multihomed customers.
> Disallowing that really reduces the applicability of an approach.

I don't mean that these people shouldn't have backups. What I mean is
that injecting a globally visible route into the infrastructure 100% of
the time to avoid sub-optimal, but otherwise functional routing 1% of
the time isn't a good use of scarce resources.