Re: GSE

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, J. Noel Chiappa wrote:

>   I do remain completely convinced that we *do* need to separate host
>   identification from routing-names, but my enthusiasm comes from a broad
>   architectural perspective, not a particular case (such as multi-homing).

> And I will further add that I think those two functions are best served by
> separate namespaces (i.e. different syntax and semantics).

As our acting architectural conscience, what is your opinion on the
principal of making the full hostname the identifier?

I think if we develop this further we'll end up with stuff that pretty
much does all the multi-address tricks we've been discussing here the
last weeks, but it should all be much cleaner, except for the places
where backward compatibility is especially difficult.