Re: Revised e2e multihoming ID

Pekka;

> Masataka Ohta wrote:
> > 6. Security Considerations
> >
> >    The author believes there is no special security concern.
>
> You don't discuss the potential flooding DoS attack that
> has been discussed at this list a few times during the last
> days,

DoS attacks similar to SYN flooding is possible and similary
protected against that it is not of special concern.

> draft-aura-mipv6-bu-attacks-01.txt (expired, but available at
> http://research.microsoft.com/users/tuomaura/Mobile%20IPv6/draft-aura-mipv6-bu-attacks-01.txt )

It is not available from microsoft that I found it in google cache.

> You also don't discuss potential problems due to DNS
> spoofing.

DNS, just as the rest of the Internet, is weakly secure.

> Even though the situation in your proposal
> does not seem to be any worse than today, IMHO the
> small differences and their implications should be
> briefly discussed.

Brief consideration is that there is no special concern.

Note that it is not a "security discussion" section.

In no event, I won't waste 27 pages of document only to "briefly
discuss" security implications.

						Masataka Ohta