Re: Multihoming and what we discussed in Atlanta

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

> I managed to get the flu on the flight back from Atlanta so I am way
> behind on email. What I did manage to write on the plane and compete is
> a draft of what Thomas suggested with announcing longer prefixes.

> I will submit the draft later today, but you can find it at
> http://www.kurtis.pp.se/ietf/draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix-00.txt.

Ok, picking some nits:

- it's = "it is", its = "owned by it"
- maybe leave the first few sections out until you're ready to find a
  wider audience as this is extremely familiar...
- better explain what you mean by not aggregate in 5.1. Do you mean they
  shouldn't announce a less specific, or that they should announce the
  /48? Or both?

> Browsing through mail I though I saw something similar from Iljitsch.
> If that is the case let's see if we can merge something.

I discuss several other methods to achieve the same thing. Let me know
which one you think can be included in this draft. If that's all or
nearly all of them, it makes sense to merge.

Iljitsch