RE: Next question...

Randy Bush wrote:
> > I suspect most of the complaints about host based locator
> selection is
> > really an indirect fear of loss of control.
>
> i suspect it is folk with a knowledge of just how difficult
> and complex global routing is when isolated to a site border
> router and our minds boggle when we think of all the hosts
> having to do it too.

The only suggestions that hosts participate in routing are coming from
those who keep spreading FUD.

We are talking about selection of locators, which has nothing to do with
routing. There are very simple policies here, provider A is preferred
over B, etc. It is not rocket science to configure a host to prefer one
source prefix so it will conform to traffic engineering policies in the
normal case.

Tony