RE: Next question...

    > From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>

    > folk with a knowledge of just how difficult and complex global routing
    > is when isolated to a site border router and our minds boggle when we
    > think of all the hosts having to do it too.

Umm, this is a bit off-topic, but...

A big reason global routing is "difficult and complex" is that the existing
routing architecture is a total piece of canine alimentary refuse. Yes, all
the inter-provider peering agreements also contribute to the complexity,
but...

As for the difficulty of having hosts do it too, may I point out that the
average human being seems to be able to deal with getting in a car on one side
of a continent (well, maybe only in North America and Western Europe where the
road systems are good) and figuring out a path to a destination on the other
side. It doesn't take a PhD. Similarly, network routing *shouldn't* need a
PhD. It does only because of the aforementioned canine refuseness.

Of course this is a bit irrelevant to multi-6, because removal of canine
refuse is outside scope for this WG.

	Noel