RE: network controls are necessary

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Tony Hain wrote:

> What I would really like to see is at least one host admin from
> someplace with 1/4M end systems, or diverse system types and
> manageability requirements like a Boeing, GE, or Sony.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say that we shouldn't listen to this
input if it were offered, I don't think this is the right approach. If
we give every network with 250k end systems 10 globally visible prefixes
we'll still have a smaller v6 table than what we have in v4 now.

The sites that now can't even multihome in IPv4 because they don't
qualify for a /24 are the ones that are going to kill us in IPv6.

Iljitsch