multi-homing vs multi-connecting

Hello,

There is one interesting issue brought up in
draft-ietf-multi6-v4-multihoming-00.txt; there the terms "multi-homed"
(always different ISP's) and "multi-attached" (same ISP) are separated.

I don't think this terminology has been well established?  At least as far
as I've seen, multihoming has been used to refer to both (to some extent).

But nonetheless, the separation is interesting.

Multi-attaching, used with some techniques, provides a number of
protections against failure modes people often want to cover when
requiring multi-homing.  The main thing it does not provide is the ability
to switch providers at will with little effort (but then again, some other
proposals like draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix do not provide that
either).

Is it necessary to require a solution to "real" multi-homing problem
provided that multi-connecting mechanisms would provide a sufficient level
of control and protection?