RE: draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix comments

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Tony Li wrote:

> The current routing technology does NOT scale properly.  There is not
> going to be any intermeidate approach based on the current technology
> that will scale.

Now I have to go and disagree with you there.

With a reasonable level of aggregation current technology will scale
just fine.

Aggregation is simply a means to divide the routing information over the
routers so that a single router doesn't have to hold all possible
routes. Today, if routers are owned by the same owner, they hold the
same routing information. Maybe it's time we try aggregating based on
something else than router ownership.