RE: recent slowdown in routing table growth

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Tony Li wrote:
> I believe that coincided with another round of conciousness
> raising and subsequent housecleaning by several ISPs.  One
> way to confirm this would be to dig through the discussions
> on the NANOG archives.

My belief is that this was caused by two factors:

 1) raised awareness: this exponentially-looking growth raised some
alarms, there was a presentation in IETF51 in London (Aug 2001), etc. --
(some)  people fixed some of their systems.

 2) the dotcom bubble bursting may have killed off a bit of multihoming
etc. efforts.

Mainly 1), but I'd also like to get some more concrete references.