renumbering/multi-addressing [Re: Enforcing unreachability of sitelocal addresses]

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss
  and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  if you wish to regularly
  post from an address that is not subscribed to this mailing list, send a
  message to <listname>-owner@ops.ietf.org and ask to have the alternate
  address added to the list of addresses from which submissions are
  automatically accepted. ]

Pekka,

It seems to me that you left out the most
nettlesome problem about why people want address
stability: name mappings, both in the form of DNS
and everywhere else you find raw IP addresses
floating around. In many ways, this mimics the Y2K
problem in that it's very hard to gauge _what_
exactly might break until you do a complete
assessment. And the complete assessment is enough
to scare the timid woodland creatures away.

Until there's a realistic way for people to pull
the lever and make a switch, there's going to be a
lot of back pressure to keep address stablity
regardless of how harmful their means of keeping
stablity is to the net at large.

	    Mike