RE: comments on draft-py-multi6-gapi-00.txt

Joe,

> Joe Abley wrote:
> From Kathmandu, Nepal, traffic to India travels to Singapore
> by satellite, across the pacific to the US, across the US,
> across the Atlantic, up to another satellite, and down to
> India. Packets go round the world once and into space twice,
> despite the fact that Nepal and India share a geopolitical
> border.

"Scenic routing" is what we call it. This is very true, but the draft
does not make any assumptions on fiber plant or backbone topology, nor
about where IXs are located nor what the aggregation mechanism is (or if
it does, please quote specifics).

Michel.