Re: comments on draft-py-multi6-gapi-00.txt

Kurt Erik Lindqvist
It's mostly population. The geography part (such as
promoting Hawaii to the status of "country") is baseline
or optimization only.

Yes, but there are other alternatives to base this on as well.
Such as?
Current useage?

I would ofcourse rather go for the new routing model and just go for swap space in the mean time.

I agree that 12k routes is nothing we have to care about, but
this is not the point. The point is that if we start this, it
will be impossible to stop.

I disagree. We know how it works and we have learnt how to control
it. But we need a solution that is quick.
I have one for you: IPv4.

...and that is what people are doing. Ever thought why there is 350 routes in the IPv6 DFZ and 120k in the IPv4 DFZ?

I say go for something we knows how it works and what the limitations are while we work out a solution with layers.

Best regards,

- kurtis -