Re: GSE

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Eliot Lear wrote:

> > - the draft as-is doesn't provide any actual multihoming benefits

> The point of the draft was that multihomed enterprises wouldn't ever be
> advertised into the dfz.

Yes, it does that. But it doesn't give the multihomer transparent
failover (or even failover of any kind). I'm sure that once we agree on
the requirements GSE can't meet them.  :-)

> > - how can we make the lower 64 bits of the address globally unique

> The same way we do with 32 bits.

Exit stateless autoconfig... I'm not even mentioning security.

If we want to do something GSE-like we might as well start from scratch.