Re: GSE

On Monday, Feb 17, 2003, at 01:56 America/Montreal, Eliot Lear wrote:
There was an "analysis" of GSE security. However, Steve Bellovin
didn't agree with it.  I do not recall the specifics.
Correction: The IAB (at the time, smb and other folks) and the IESG (jis & ml)
and several respected Security Directorate folks all agreed
that the claimed "analysis" was not factually correct.

This is not to say that GSE had all the answers. It needed work. For instance, route selection and failover did need some amount of fleshing out. But I believe it suffered a premature death.
Regardless of the history, it would not hurt for folks to study the concepts
behind it. I will *beg* that we avoid the usual flame-fest that erupts when
the letters "GSE" are mentioned in an IPv6 context.

Ran
rja@extremenetworks.com