Re: GSE

> Ok, I have re-read Mike O'Dells old draft from 1997. Can someone remind
> me what the reasons for not going with this was?

Part of it being fear of the unknown and doing something so radical to
IPv6.
Part of it being some technical aspects (such as the impact of not
having a checksum on the source locator causing new failures,
and security issues related to relaxing the binding between identifiers
and locators).
An attampt to capture the technical issues is in
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99nov/I-D/draft-ietf-ipngwg-esd-analysis-05.txt
(Yes, www.ietf.org can search across all documents
at the internet drafts web page.)

Note that the security issues due to the relaxation can be solved
by stuff like HIP.

   Erik