Re: Again no multi6 at IETF#56

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

> You can do this in multiple ways. You could (playing the devils
> advocate) argue that the IETF should create technical specifications
> that can handle the policy of the RIRs. After all, to a large extent
> the RIR membership is most likely a better representation of
> "end-users" (for some definition of users) than the IETF is.

I don't agree. Even if ISPs (overwhelming majority of RIR membership)
represent end-users better than vendors (majority of IETF membership)
there is only one RIR policy and users don't get to choose, while there
are usually many ways to implement some functionality that are endorsed
by the IETF and not being endorsed by the IETF doesn't mean it can't be
implemented or used. Having a choice is always the better option.