From: Bound, Jim [mailto:Jim.Bound@hp.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 10:12 PM
To: multi6@ops.ietf.org
Subject: The Network is Chaos should Routing be based on that Chaos

Chaotic Routing:

Whatever we define today will become chaotic tomorrow?

Does fractal analysis teach us anything?  We may be able to group fractals for a period of time, but by definition the inherent chaotic property of those fractals will destroy any static order defined?

So there are multiple levels to address the Chaotic Routing model:

1. At time T the topology is at Location A
2. At time T1 the topology is at Location A+1

Could it be we need enhancement to routing protocols to just exist for Location change?

Then under that routing we know how to do now based on that Location change, it becomes adaptive to Location A+1.

Predicting chaotic rate of change is impossible I suggest, and the best we can do is define Location and within specific rendezvous segments within that Location, which can be adaptive to T+1?

/jim