Re: Identifier/locator recap

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
No, HIP is smarter than that. But what I find troublesome with that
approach is that the identifiers are a flat 120+ bit space which makes
it incredibly hard to create a distributed way to look up properties for
identifiers.
Not really.  Distributes hash tables (DHT) should work.  Somebody
just need to work out the details; they are not exactly simple, though.
But not that complicated either, I would believe.  See the proceedings
of recent peer-to-peer conferences and you will find multiple occasions
where DHTs have been used.

--Pekka Nikander