RE: Architectural approaches to multi6

The way I see it, applications are evolving to use IP addresses more,
not less. There are many reasons, such as the flakiness of the DNS
resolution process, but there are also many applications (or transports)
that actually want to reason over IP addresses in an attempt to control
or organize network usage. In a multi-homing scenario, applications are
likely to treat the address on the GPRS interface different from the
Wifi or the Ethernet interface; they also will want to know whether they
need to open the firewall to reach a specific address, etc.

Why
> do you say this?
>
> Also we need a solution that does not assume this at all.  Doing this
> would at best be nice to have long term.
>
> THere is also no way to enforce it.
>
> /jim

TCP