RE: Architectural approaches to multi6

> I would NOT agree that there are no solutions in routing.
> That said, I think that a solution MUST involve having
> the transport NOT use the locator as a portion of the
> pseudo-header.  So at the very least, there must be host changes.

With MHAP this would not be needed as the PI would enter the Host Node
with the identifier in the header and could be used for the checksum, in
that architecture view.

The use of the HOA with a MIPv6 architecture would also avoid this
problem.

Looking at GFN and HIP currently.

> I believe that we must solve the failure of non-last-mile
> links, including ISP links or even site-internal links. We
> cannot do this through signaling our routing and be scalable,
> so there must be some way for the
> correspondent host to try multiple locators and figure
> out which locators currently work.

This is more complex.

/jim