RE: Architectural approaches to multi6

Christian,

A near optimal bounds of the number of trees
required for tree-cover routing were found in
http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~zwick/papers/route-SPAA.ps.gz
It follows that if no path inflation is
allowed (stretch k=1), then this number
scales as O(N) on generic graphs, so you
do not gain anything (which is, of course,
just a consequence of the more general fact
that the shortest path routing is incompressible).

But the Internet topology is not generic,
it's scale-free. So, has there any analysis
been done on tree-covers of Internet-like
topologies (with the hope for better scaling)?

Also, given the dynamic version of the problem,
how do I know what tree to use to reach
a specific destination at a specific moment
of time?

thanks,
--
dima.