Re: provider-int geo aggr [Re: plug: thesis on site multihoming]

It just doesn't seem to be enough fleshed out to say much other than
"ouch! I don't really understand the idea, but it still gives me creeps!".
What's so hard to understand??? In the US you create an aggregate route for the US address block and you accept /48s for US destinations. In Europe, you create an aggregate for the European address block and accept /48s for European destinations. So when you have a packet in the US that needs to go to a European destination, you don't have a /48 route so the packet is routed to Europe by means of the aggregate. In Europe, the packet is routed further as per the /48 that is in the routing tables of European routers. Rinse, repeat.
I would still like to second Pekkas request on an example with AS:es instead of routers.

What I am not sure I understand is who would have to provide the transit between the AS:es for these /48s? Also, what do you do with Tier-1 providers and customers that are multihomed to different continents?

Could you write a bit more detailed example?

- kurtis -