Re: Resolving geo discussions

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> On maandag, apr 14, 2003, at 11:11 Europe/Amsterdam, Brian E Carpenter
> wrote:
>
> > Yes, I think it is time to get out an info RFC on this. Indeed I
> > haven't
> > seen any new arguments for a number of years. We need a brave person to
> > act as document editor though.
>
> What exactly do we want to be in this RFC?
>
> If it's just "if you're going to do geo, beware of ..." I'll be happy
> to include something like that in the upcoming rewrite of my draft.

I think it needs to build on the observation that there is no congruence
between network topology and geography to show that we have no way to make
geo addresses aggregate in practice. It doesn't need to be that long.
But since it's an abstract "why this doesn't work" argument, I think
it needs to be separate from any specific technical proposal.

   Brian