Re: old GSE idea

On woensdag, apr 16, 2003, at 15:40 Europe/Amsterdam, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

I think we should fly up one level and discuss a hypothetical
world in which addresses in A000::/3 are deemed to be mutable
in flight between bits 3 and 47 inclusive. See what it does
to TCP, SCTP and IPSEC for example.
Well, break them... The TCP/UDP checksum should be easy enough to fix, IPsec AH not much harder. The real problem is that if I have a session with a001::1 and suddenly packets start coming in from a002::1, how do I know these belong to the same session? This can be fixed by making the bottom 64/80 bits should be globally unique, or by informing the other side of all possible values that may appear in those 45 bits beforehand.

As long as we're flying up levels, why not go up one more and compare different multiple-PA approaches?