Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-requirements-04.txt

On Wednesday, Apr 16, 2003, at 15:55 Europe/London, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Joe Abley wrote:
<t>Any changes to routing practices made to accommodate multihomed
sites should not cause non-multihomed sites to become more
"or the core" -- so perhaps 'other parts of the Internet, including non-multihomed sites'.

I think that is good. I'll certainly concede to you and Sean
on my own suggestion, but I fear we will get pushback from
the IESG if we produce a solution that does weaken security.
There will be even more immediate pushback (i.e., well before IESG)
if we can't justify any trade-offs between utility and security which favour
the former. Hopefully a compelling justification will lessen any pushback,
assuming any new vulnerabilities / weaknesses are known to exist in
whatever work emanates from here.

Sean.