Re: new draft

On zondag, mei 11, 2003, at 18:30 Europe/Amsterdam, Michael H. Lambert wrote:

A couple of comments on your draft:

1) If I'm drawing the correct inference, it would appear that the number of locator addresses used by a client goes as n!, where n is the number of ISP prefixes. I can easily see sites with n=5.
A multihomed server would use n locator addresses for a single identifier.

A multihomed client could decide to create double prefix addresses for each combination of prefixes, which would make for n(n-1) addresses, or even double this by also creating two versions of each combination, with different prefixes being the identifier for each of those two versions. I'm not sure if I'd recommend this, though...

2) In the case of a host with multiple interfaces, is each interface treated separately (both in the DNS and wrt locator addresses)?
I don't think it matters whether n addresses are from n interfaces with one address each or 1 interface with n addresses. So it seems this solves host multihoming as well.

Iljitsch