Re: Agenda for Vienna

On donderdag, mei 15, 2003, at 10:02 Europe/Amsterdam, Tony Li wrote:

|    Some notions that seem relatively undisputed:

|    - we separate the identifier and locator functions so we can have
|    multiple locators and still have a single identifier
|    - IP in transit works with locators, everything above the
|    IP layer with the identifier

Do we really have consensus on these points?
Consensus is probably too big a word. "Relatively undisputed" is as far as I am prepared to go at this point... But do you see workable alternatives inside the loc/id realm?

Does this imply that tunneling is no longer a consideration?
Tunneling is one way to implement a locator/identifier separation solution.

Or are you referring to some other tunneling mechanism?