RE: tunneling [Was: Agenda for Vienna]

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Erik Nordmark wrote:
> > Our primary discussion should be about alternatives to
> > "identifier/locator split" solutions.  That's clearly one
> > architecture, what are others that folks find credible?
>
> With my colored glasses I've seen these classes of ideas:
>  - short term registry policy tweak to deal with perceived immediate
>    problem (draft-kurtis-multihoming-longprefix-00.txt)

I think the above mechanism proposes punching holes to current aggregates,
not tweaking registry policy.  In that sense, it's dangerous.  A separate
proposal to assign  e.g. PI /48's from RIR's might be useful to have on
the table.

I think draft-savola-multi6-asn-pi-00.txt also belongs under this
category.