Re: Source address selection in IPv6 multihomed multi-addressed sites

Brian;

> > First of all, I think that source address selection should be made by each
> > application/transport layer.
>
> As I and Keith Moore and Christian Huitema have been trying to say,
> this is not realistic as a general case. In some special cases we can
> expect upper layers to be able to do this, but it has to be handled
> by default in the IP layer.

IP layer can not select a destination address, though it can make
a suggestion to the upper layers.

Transport layer can not select a source address at all unless we
are doing QoS routing.

Ohira-san may be confused, because a scalable implementation of
QoS routing (designed by me and others) is running around him.

But, for most of you, it is extremely special.

							Masataka Ohta