Re: Minutes / Notes

On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 02:53 AM, Pekka Savola wrote:

I don't really think the "site-exit routers approach" scales for very
small sites ("home networks").

But then again, my perception is that very small sites can easily live
without connection surviability.  These aren't really mission-critical
systems, systems where network downtime could cost e.g. 1000$ a minute.

The ability to start new connections using the other connectivity is
probably good enough for most folks.

Pekka, That seems reasonable, another dimension to add to the taxonomy of multihoming users? I would agree that the smallest sites would think connection survivability less important.

simon

--
www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel