RE: regionalized addresses, RIRs, and table size

The idea of geographic addressing based on population was briefly
discussed in the RIPE region.  The primary discussion has been between
two proposals - the IANA allocates a /3 to the RIRs to jointly
administer on a global basis versus the IANA allocates sufficiently
large prefixes to each RIR for regional allocation.

Ray