Re: RIR bashing, was: Routing table size?

On maandag, okt 13, 2003, at 11:27 Europe/Amsterdam, Juan Rodriguez Hervella wrote:

Actually you do know such an enduser: me. I have two lines coming into
my home and I run IPv6 over both of them. In fact the server that is
colocated with one ISP is reachable (over IPv6) through the other ISP,
my home network and the link to the colo ISP. (Do some traces for
www.bgpexpert.com.)

Then....What's the matter ? I didn't quite catch what you need.
to set up this topology. Do you need a higher block of IPv6 addresses ?
or it's that you need to manage your own routing ?

There are two problems. The first is that I have no way to keep the source address and outgoing ISP consistent. Fortunately, the ISP I point my default to doesn't bother with any ingress filtering for IPv6. (Hm, I should try and see if they don't do it for v4 either.) Source address based routing would help some here, but it doesn't really fix the problem.

And of course when something bad happens my sessions break because those are tied to a single pair of source/dest addresses.